Saturday, November 17, 2007

Welcome and Goodbye....

Welcome to kitty number 4 and bye bye to Mimi and Momot (which has been changed for the time being to Fifi and Fizzy by my two nieces Mila and Asilah).

The three-shop canteen at my hospital had been seeing a steady increase in the number of strays lately. Most of the time the cats leave you alone but a friendly 'tsk tsk tsk' will always bring the sociable ones to you. Which is still puzzling me as to why I decided to choose the most unfriendly one of them all to bring home on Friday.

The moment Abg opened the box I brought him home in, he jumped right underneath my SIL's car. and totally refused to budge. Kejar kanan, dia lari kiri. Kejar kiri dia lari kanan. Kejar kanan kiri (by this time Asilah decided to join in), dia lari masuk enjin kereta.

After a while he was nowhere to be seen, and we all thought he might have run off but then Asilah managed to spot his scraggly tail from behind the car tyres and the chase began again.

We finally decided to back out the cars but still no kitty. On a last hunch, I told Abg to pop the car's hood and lo and behold, lil kitty was shaking his fur off in between the engine stuff. Apa la punya anak kucing....

A short visit to the neighbourhood vet (Fifi and Fizzy needed their first vaccination anyway) the next day revealed a swelling just above his left hip. She doesn't think it's a fracture and gave painkillers and some ointment to rub on the painful area. Bubu and the other two has been leaving the newcomer alone, preferring to jump all over everything else, as they usually do when let out of the cage.

So anyway, my two nieces have been saying that their father is on the lookout for a cat to keep in their kitchen. Preferably one who is of the 'menikus' nature. I decided to let them keep Fifi and Fizzy for a week to see if things will work out. So, bleh la guna cage for the sick kitty. Since it's the school holidays, at least the kittens wouldn't be left in the cage all day.

Sedih jugak la tgk Fifi and Fizzy leaving - macam saying goodbye to your own anak, okay... but at least when the new kitty gets better, I can be on the lookout for another one to rescue!

My vet also happens to sell kitties as a side income. Mostly domestic long hairs - I think if you're looking for breeds, Mawardi Pet Centre in Kubang Kerian is your best bet; the other day he was selling Bengal kittens for RM1.5k, okay?? Terkejut den - but still pricey, though. She asked me 'Tak teringin nak bela kucing mahal ke?' - I sengih je. It's not that I can't afford it but if you ask me, if you say you love cats, you love cats, period. Doesn't matter if they're pure breed or kucing kampung. It's not that I have anything against people who buy their cats, go ahead and do whatever you fancy; it's just that I just love the thrill (if you can call it that lah! I certainly think it is) of picking up a scraggly, starving kitty and nurturing and spoiling it and seeing it grow and be happy, you know what I mean? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

akak letak la kitty no 4 nye gambar...nak nengok..