Thursday, April 22, 2010

Bleurgh

I had a really difficult op this morning. It was a femur fracture and I actually took three hours to do it! Seriously lah, I was a huffing and a puffing and almost literally squeezing brain matter out to figure out how I should go about it. The fact that Boss and partner was away on a visiting clinic didn't help either.

The only thing I don't like about doing ops by myself is that I don't have anyone I can wring ideas out of. The fracture was extra difficult because it had a big fragment in between the fracture sites and the fracture itself was rather high up. So basically I don't have that much space to manoeuvre (can never spell this word) my implant - and the fracture line was almost three quarters of the length of the bone! Tension la.

However, it was only when I've scrubbed out and sitting in the pantry when the idea hit me - of course by that time, what's the use lah!

Sheesh.

I want my holiday to come now......

No comments: