Thursday, December 09, 2010

My pet peeve

I have a confession to make.

Ignorant spelling mistake and lazy fact-checking in printed publications irritate the hell out of me.

How can one misspell Harry POTTER? The boy who lived!

Time and time again I see people - educated people - refer to the movie or book as Harry PoRter and don't tell me it is a typo because how can you get the other 'T' right and not the first one? The book only sold gazillions of copies worldwide and the movie has generated millions!

**** I stand corrected - a reader has pointed out a fact in this article which I am now retracting - the irony of it, talking about lazy-fact checking and here I am doing the same! Thank you, whoever you are****


Last year, the same newspaper ran an article on fashion and the writer who thought it would be chic to spatter her page with English words, wrote about fashion CHEEK. Berguling aku.

People! For once use your smartphones to be smart lah and not just for showing off. In these times and age, it takes just a millisecond to check your facts or confirm the correct spelling of words.

Just last night I read about someone who had a FRANCE kiss.

Arrrgggh!!! *pulling hair out*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

prince harry's real name is henry btw.. harry tu just nm gelaran =)

yup, sgt x suke kl org misspell potter.. n oh yah, cute cats!