Sunday, July 08, 2007

Busy bee

I really am getting too old for 24 hour calls.

Seriously.

Z left me fairly non congested wards on Saturday morning, and by 1 am Sunday morning, I have managed to admit nearly 20 cases.

No, I'm not complaining - I've repeatedly said that I'd rather be busy with non-urgent-non-impendng-collapse patients the whole day than deal with one difficult resuscitation case. But, if you turn up at 12 midnight with two swollen, red feet which you admit have had for the past two days, you must forgive me for whining a little bit. Patients must really be educated about the role of the emergency department. I'm not sure whether this happens every where else or just in Kelantan or more specifically just Tanah Merah (apparently we have a reputation of never turning away patients), but only here do we have patients with a 5 day abscess or a week old rash coming to the A&E.

Seriously laa...

On a lighter note, a hearty shout out to Najmiah and Syed Akmal whose wedding reception I attended in Pasir Puteh recently. Mafeitz, if you went to the KL reception, I want pictures!!!! :)

3 comments:

mafeitz said...

Unfortunately.... haks.. I forgot to take pictures laa.. we brought both our children , so mcm teroccupied sket. But NANA took a lot and i'm sure gambar lawa!! Waiting for hers on her pic page !

papaYA said...

Join la Ministry buat kje admin.. ;)
Mcm bahagia je doctor2 kt KKM ni..

Formerly known as Superwomanwannabe! said...

ok..what has happened is that in that 5 days dia pi carik alternative medicine betol tak.....hehehehe..ada kes my hubby jumpa patient, diagnose apa apa cancer ke, then the patient hilang setaun sampai next time jumpe, dah teruk...sebabnye?? alternative medicine

Bukan I tak support tapi, that could be the reason you doctors see the patients when its that bad....

(eh panjangnye comment ni...!)