Thursday, July 05, 2007

Facial Hyperfunctional Lines

I haven't found much inspiration to write lately. I did, come across another fellow MO's blog - DrFrappucino - whom, from what I've gathered, is about my age, just embarking on a journey in Masters Programme and loves coffee.

The last two days was spent at a Dermatology Update. I lurve Dermatology's courses - there are always good freebies around. Paling tidak pun dapat pen. There's just something about medical staff and drug reps - the former cannot not turn kiasu whenever the latter is in close proximity. I was observing the course participants collecting handouts like there was no tomorrow. I wonder just how many of them actually browse through them later. Sorry, cynical me again. Shoo, go back to sleep, I've promised to be good now.

There were, interesting presentations by the drug reps though. One was campaigning this machine called Skin Dr. - which is like my Ogawa vacuum-cleaner-cum-steam-cleaner - it does everything from scaling to iontophoresis (see, I told you I never browse through the pamphlets they gave me) and I never knew they had found over 200 active ingredients in the Aloe Vera plant! They even had this GP come over and gave a talk about Botox (I thought Botox haram meh?) and 'fillers'. He calls it BTA (Botulinum type A - RM1800 a vial apparently) and wrinkles are - let me see, FACIAL HYPERFUNCTIONAL LINES.

I left early - my menstrual cramps was acting up again - I'm sure no one missed me, much more the three male MOs sitting behind me who were yakking away like a gang of makciks on their annual trip to Tangkak to choose material for their Raya curtains.

Seriously!

Yak yak yakking away - a comment for EVERY SINGLE THING! Macam perempuan! Don't they realise how distracting they are to other participants? Nama je MO, perangai macam apa tah......haiyaaaaa.....

I'm on call this Saturday. Though I'm hoping it'd a be a repeat performance of the other time I did a Saturday oncall, I highly doubt it. No one is that lucky.

1 comment:

Rush Murad said...

Blog hopping from DBI.... u r the 4th MO+blogger i came across so far... nice writing....

Cheers!