Saturday, September 29, 2007

Everything and many things

Firstly, I am deeply saddened to announce that I have lost Momot.

I think when we took them in, they were barely 2 weeks old, NOT the suitable time at all for kittens to be separated from their mummy cat. But for a while, they looked okay. Subsequently Abg bought a cage for them since we can't leave them in the room like we do Bubu. Bubu has been toilet trained (well, that's what we thought until we found a heap of kitty excrements under the old table near the toilet, but that's another blog entry, or maybe not) and Bubu tends to bully the two younger kitties so we thought they'd be okay in the cage.

For the past week, they sort of stopped eating, regardless of what we gave them - kitten milk, Whiskas wet food, Royal Canin for kitten, IAMS for kitten - and we brought them to the vet. She told us they were healthy and recommended supplements. Mimi sort of recovered, but Momot just went downhill. On Friday, he resembled how a kitty would look like if it lived in Ethiopia. Then things got worst when he followed me to the kitchen and a bowl of cooking oil (sejuk punya tau!) fell on him. I heard that you shouldn't really bathe a small kitty but I didn't have much of a choice. I sort of knew that night that he might not survive till the morning but it didn't stop the tears when I carried its limp body to the hole Abg dug for me.

As corny as this may sound, I hope Momot felt loved staying with us.

Secondly, I somehow managed to find another stray kitty! We had just gone to Machang Hospital to visit Abg's relative and had dropped by the pasar ramadhan. Abg was just maneuvering the car into a space when we saw this wet tiny bundle of dirty white fur on the ground. I went out to move him away and its blue eyes looked sooooo sad! I looked around to see if the mummy cat is around and even asked the nearby shop owner if it belonged to her. Since we already have everything we needed to take care of cats, we decided to bring it home. Name suggestions anyone? Pictures later, I hope.

Thirdly, if you haven't heard or might have heard about Facebook, I urge you, SIGN UP NOW! and forever enslave yourself to the addictive world that is Cyberspace. With Facebook, you can hook up with friends, look up old long lost friends (if they're on it) and share photos and videos and compete against each other in Quizzes and such. At first I only signed up because a friend invited me and now, I'm on it whenever I can! Arrrrghhhh, someone get me away from my PC! I've been looking up friends from the JPA group and from my former MRSM, and recently managed to come into contact with a dear old friend from 10 years ago! You....you read my blog and never leave comment aa you! Bad one!

Fourthly, I get ultra weird when I'm in the hospital as a visitor. Do I act like a visitor or as a doctor? Can I fiddle with the IV fluids or will the staff nurses shout at me like they would other people? Would it be out of line if I went up to the nurses' counter and asked to look at the patient's records? Would the nurse in charge think me pompous if I introduced myself as a medical officer?

Finally, I'm on call tomorrow. It's a public holiday and I'm expecting DROVES of people. The palpitations and chest pains are starting already. But the good news is that it will be my final on call before Raya; so even if my casualty beds are full and my legs can barely stand, THAT will keep me going.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

did i drop my comment yet?

Anonymous said...

Hi I am azma from Ireland...a 4th med student..I like ur blog...feel free to read mine at

http://azmawahidaalias.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

(opss..tersilap komen kat entry lain...here goes)

p/s:correction.

see..I drop a comment...I feel sorry for momot...eventho I don't have cats but...I feel sorry .:(( .ermm...I am a 4th med student..I like your blog!..keep writing....:))..this is my first time reading ur blog..I found it from mirul...:P..feel free to read mine at http://azmawahidaalias.blogspot.com/

ohh BTW..I am studying In Ireland~

Anonymous said...

i terperzen to be the one yg read ur blog earlier and tak leave commenet, so here goes. lepas ni every working day i'll make sure to drop by ur site haha. Best to jumpa u in Facebook after all these years.

-syah/canoe-

Anonymous said...

Su - sorry about your loss pasal your kucing... I am an official cat babysitter at my neighbourhood xx PS Canoe??!!/Syah?!!

Sue Tiramisu said...

Zaiti-
My sentiments exactly!!!!!

Roti Kacang Merah said...

you know what, the one thing yang kak lin paling takut is to see one of my cats die...

arrrrrghhhh, mesti tangkap nangis like you did punya!!!!

ciyan momot... *sniff* dia masih nak ibu dia tu, tapi at least now he's 'healthier' and 'happier', kan...?