Monday, October 08, 2007

Confession...

Doctors make the worst patients.

Seriously.

Take me. I have been sick for the past few days (since Friday, hence no masak-masak entry as promised, boo); fever, sore throat (seriously sore, bukan gatal2 je tau) and runny nose. It continued till Saturday when the right side of the throat started to get painful as well. On Sunday I had to attend a court hearing which was AGAIN postponed (kalau kes asyik tangguh, lawyers nie buat apa agaknya huh?) but by the afternoon, my condition worsened and I thought there is no way I could go to work tomorrow. So I went to HTM and showed my throat to my senior MO.

She diagnosed it as Peritonsillar Abscess.

Eww.

Nevertheless she prescribed me some antibiotics and gave me a day off provided I get other MOs to cover my duty.

Incidentally my monthly migraine (which usually precedes my menses by about a week) was not helped by the long journey I had to make into Peralla (jauh gila ok!) for something I had to do. By 6 pm I was in bed, head feeling like being eaten from inside and nauseous (I had to Google for the correct spelling of this, can you believe it!) like anything.

Crawled my way for iftar, had yoghurt (couldn't swallow anything else) and then went straight to bed.

However, miraculously, my pounding headache disappeared about half ten.


Anyhow, I've taken only 2 doses of my antibiotics and throat is already feeling much better. I can hear my mother's voice pestering us to finish the course of medication whenever we were ill enough to require them. In fact I myself repeatedly tell my patients to never waste their antibiotics, yet here I am already doubting that I'd finish the 7 day course. Teruk, kan?

No, Suriana, you WILL finish those antibiotics. You WILL finish those antibiotics.

7 comments:

DBI said...

sakit tekak pun raya tetap lah rayer..

selaamt hari raya...

dobbs said...

Good to hear the throat is better. Make sure you finish the course ok?
(hehe sounding just like your mum)
Will remind you on Faceboook ;)

Take care!

Sue Tiramisu said...

DBI-
sangattttttlah betulnyaaaa....

Selamat Hari Raya...

Dobbs-
Awwww, thanks! Haven't missed a dose yet!

Anonymous said...

go akak.. go!! makan abih ubat.. jangan culas.. by the way, kat ner Peralla tuh? nama tempat ker?

Zetty said...

when in spelling doubt...try la guna WordWeb. Silap download ye.

hehe.
selamat hari raya beb!

Sue Tiramisu said...

Zetty-
terlopong jugak la seminit dua nak carik spelling nauseous tu... ha, nak tulis lagi dlm bahasa omputeh sgt...

other options next time:

loya

lugar - kelantanese style!

Selamat Hari Raya to you too!!

Amy said...

Alah siannya Doc YAna..tapi betulla. I've heard conversations between two male doctors on the importance of finishing up antibiotics walaupun dah sihat and since then, mmg Amy habiskan antibiotics tu..hihii
Am now suffering annoying gastric pain for the past 2 1/2 days... rasa nak pengsan masa gastric juice tu dok melompat2 dlm perut..I hope I feel better when Raya comes..