Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Happy entry for a change....

A friend had commented that my postings of late have been of the miserable type. Maybe he is worried that people will get the impression that I have been leading a life of misery.

So I hope this entry will make him happy, hehe - and by the way, I did remember your 16th birthday, ol' friend.

I am on call by the way. Have been dreading this because I had a minor disagreement with the colleague whom I am supposed to be partnering with today, but he seems to be okay so I'm kinda relieved.

I will be on holiday starting from tomorrow, yippee! One of the best things about being us (me and Abg) is that we can decide one minute to pack up and go for a weekend break and we can be off before anyone says 'Holiday'.

We've been fretting about where to go. The last holiday we had was to Kota Kinabalu which was at the beginning of the year. KL doesn't count because it's considered as going home to see my family, but there was one time when we did go back but instead stayed for two days at a hotel in MidValley. I had Megamall overdose after two nights there.

I love hotels. There's just something about a freshly made bed and free toiletries that just makes me tingle. Yes, I am weird, I know. Some people escape with retail therapy and some go to the movies but I love to stay in hotels.

For this weekend break Abg and I will be heading off to Kuala Perlis for two nights. Apparently they have good 'ikan bakar' and other seafood delicacies there. That and a half day trip to Langkawi (been there three times since we got married, so no need for the touristy stuff this time) are the only things keeping me going this oncall.

It's been pretty quiet so I am still comprehensive. As far as experience has taught me, a quiet A&E at 10pm is like the eye of the storm. No sooner than I typed that sentence, an octogenarian with increasing lethargy has just been wheeled in.....sigh, back to work then.....

No comments: