Saturday, November 13, 2010

Get well soon Pinky Nose.

She has the pinkest nose I have ever seen on a kitten. Her colouring was the usual - black with spots of black/grey - and she used to be so small that I doubted that she would survive, but she did and she runs like the wind especially when chasing bits of feather or a dried leaf.

Abg was on his way to his biweekly badminton outing when he strode in and said, "I think little pinky nose has been in an accident'.

True enough, little pinky nose was lying on the cage floor, growling when I picked her up, her left hindleg lay limp. I knew instantly how ill she is because pinky nose is no longer pink. She was breathing heavily and she looked at me with her round eyes as I started to cry.

I put her in a carrier and wrapped cloth around her to keep her warm and woke up a few times throughout the night to check on her. Fearing she would go into shock, I forced her to drink water.

The next day, all my earlier plans abandoned, our first priority was to see Dr Palani at Jalan Dusun Muda.

He confirmed that pinky nose has a broken femur, and she now has a distended bladder. I hope pinky nose hasn't got a fractured pelvis as well because that would be bad.

I've left pinky nose at the vet - hoping for the best. I immediately know a trip to Cheras is now inevitable.

No comments: