Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Some parents are morons

A few weekends ago, I was attending a course in Kuantan. After the course finished, we had the evening to ourselves before returning to Kelantan the next day and we decided to watch a movie.

Having heard good reviews about The Other Guys, we decided we could do with some laughs and bought tickets. This movie was rated PG13 - i.e. suitable for kids aged 13 but with parental guidance (I think).

About half an hour into the show, a toddler in the back rows started whining. Slowly at first but persistantly louder and climaxed with a top of the voice wail about 20 mins later. I was getting agitated, sitting about 8 rows in front of the silly parents - I wonder what the patrons sitting right in front of them were thinking?

A few minutes later, said toddler and a fellow kid was running up and down the aisle laughing and giggling, and proceeded to do so till the end of the show. At one time, they even went into the row in front of the one I was sitting at and approached the elderly couple who was sitting there.

Okay, call me uptight for being childless - but seriously??

Does having kids make you a moron? (and when I say YOU, I meant the parent who brought the said kids in this post, kang ada yang terasa lagi pulak)

I for one, did not pay to have the side attraction of hearing kids running up and down while I watch Mark Wahlberg being hit on the face with a wooden gun.

Come on! You may want to watch Rain decapitate fellow ninjas but does that make it right for a 5 year old?

I've seen parents bring in 6 month old babies into the cinema - wah, your kids got tympanic membranes made of steel meh?

Seriously lah....!

3 comments:

Zetty said...

patut nya u jelingkan parents (moron) tu on ur way out. i baca pun rasa sakit hati.

wky9683 said...

You went all the way to a Kuantan cinema to find moronic parents? You know you could have easily stopped by Casualty to find some on any given day.

Did I tell you the spontaneous conception story? Remind me.

BadRiza said...

mmg moron parents2 yang bawak anak2 gi cinema.. (yang kecik dan tak berakal lagi).. kalau nak bawak pun biarlah dia dah faham dan boleh dikontrol..
ni mesti jenis manusia yang pentingkan diri ni... hish
i pun naik sakit hati kat morons yang you cite kat atas ni.. kalau i tu, sure i dah buat "SHHHHHHHHHHHH" kuat2 kat budak2 tu.. nak tgk reaksi parents tu macam mana..

hehehehe-sorry TERemosional laks