Thursday, January 06, 2011

Sometimes...

..when one has been cooped up in the room for so long that one believes there is no life better than what one has, a breath of fresh air is all it takes for one to yearn of a different life.

Deep huh?

Well, maybe not so deep. I'm just happy that I'm postcall and it is the weekend tomorrow. The house is slowly resembling a chicken coop and with the wet weather, sometimes even smelling like one.

They say a goldfish has a memory span of only three seconds (turns out this is a myth afterall) - sometimes I wish I had a short memory span. It will make my job extremely difficult though. Perhaps I could apply it to only certain patients and in certain cases only?

It is the most difficult thing to NOT immediately label a patient when you hear IVDU, or crime suspect. How does one ascertain that the altered conscious level is due to a head injury rather than just simply being intoxicated? Sometimes the proof is there right in front of you but bias can be a cruel haze.

The phonecall came this morning while I was seeing cases at the clinic. So I guess here goes nothing. I am not harbouring much hope but it sure will be good if I can.

No comments: