Monday, September 05, 2011

I am trying to comprehend...

...though it is difficult to understand how someone who has accepted a responsibility can simply just ignore it and still have a clear conscience?

I was hanging about on FB when a friend started to post links to cats being rescued from a pet boarding facility. Apparently, some cat owners were trying to get their pets back and were told that the cats will be delivered to their homes. When the pets never arrived, the owners became suspicious and went to the store. What they found was beyond anything I could ever imagine.

From the photos that had emerged, cats were left in their carriers, wading in their own excrement with no water or food. A photo of a dead brown-black mummy cat hugging her also dead kitten tugged at my heart strings. My sympathies go to the owner.

Being a cat lover and owner myself, I am outraged by the blatant lack of 'amanah' that the store owner has shown. Please tell me that you have a logical explanation to this debacle before I totally lose my trust in mankind.

Suddenly that journey home with 12 cats in 4 carriers was worth it afterall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how do petknode owners sleep at night?