Saturday, March 17, 2012

When it is not fated...

I was at a hardware store in Selayang Bharu recently to buy paint when my ears caught the sound of pitiful mewing nearby.

Abg was in the midst of a conversation with me when he noticed that I was not paying attention. I just pointed out quickly which ones I liked best and went out to look for the kitten.

It was a tiny little thing - a tabby about 6 weeks old - and it was hiding behind the back tyre of the car which was parked by the road side across the street from the shop. I tried to persuade it to come out but it just looked at me with sad eyes and continued mewing.

It sounded like it was looking for mummy cat. I hear it all the time with my kittens. The difference is, with my kittens usually mummy would be running in a flash but no mummy came for this little one.

It wandered out as soon as I left and I looked at it looking around the rubbish dump. I crossed the road again and again it hid under the car.

We even tried to coax it into coming out with a handful of keropok - but all we managed was get weird stares from the barbershop across the road. We left after a few minutes - it was not the kitten's rezeki to be rescued by us, I guess.

Keep well little kitty, and be safe.

No comments: