Sunday, April 30, 2006

Buang masa jap

Abang is asleep in front of the TV, and I'm not sure whether we'll be going home to his home as tomorrow's Labour Day holiday and I'm bored so I figured I'd do this..

NERD TAG

HOW MANY SCHOOLS DID YOU GO TO?
1-Sekolah Rendah Raja Perempuan Ipoh - I'd like to think of this school as the poor cousin of my next school.
2-Methodist Girls School Ipoh - located right next door to my former school, we could see each other clearly through the fence. Parents wanted me to go here initially but there was no space so I ended up coming here only in standard 2.
3-Sekolah Rendah Kebangsaan Kajang - my first experience of a co-ed school. and Yes, boys DO like to pull at your tocangs (plaits).

Then papa was transferred back to Ipoh, so I ended up again in school number 1, followed by number 2.

4-Sekolah Rendah Kerajaan Green Road, Kuching.
5-Sekolah Menengah Kerajaan Green Road, Kuching.
6-Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Selayang Bharu - I have to admit, I harbour no great fondness for this school despite spending two years here. Tak sabar-sabar aku nak berambus dari sekolah yang begitu racist. By the way, Sheila Rusly went here...hehe.
7-MRSM Kuantan - definitely a life changing experience.
8-MSMKL, Cheras - we were spoilt for choices of continuing education during my time. If you were even only marginally brainy, people will be showering you with options regarding your future career. Here for 2 months or so, while waiting for my SPM result.
9-PPP/ITM - An A-level preparation kinda thing. Three months of lepaking and spending Govt scholarship money - didn't learn a thing.
10-Walthamstow Hall School for Girls in Sevenoaks, Kent - watching the dining hall in Harry Potter movies still remind me of this school.

then, Queen's University of Belfast for med school (still a school, yeah?)


WAS I THE STUDIOUS NERD OR THE LAST MINUTE HERO?
I studied last minute. In fact, I don't remember studying for my SRP and somehow managed to secure a good enough result to get me to an MRSM. Ma says I'm just lucky, but I think it was a bit of both (luck and genius (haha))- I'd never gone for tuition at Ming or Kasturi, except for a two-three month stint at a tuition centre in Selayang (only because my neighbour wanted me to accompany her). I don't recommend this style of studying to everyone though.

WAS I THE TAIKO OR TEACHER’S PET?
Hmmm, a bit of both I guess. I was always yapping away in class that teacher once moved me to a different table away from my gang. Once, I skived off class and was caught and brought to see the Headmistress. Takut giler masa tuuu... Tapi later on I repented (haha) and sort of became a teacher's pet.

BEST 2 SUBJECTS
I loved the languages. In MRSM, I was awarded prizes for being the best student in both English and Bahasa Melayu. In fact, I wanted to become a journalist or a writer at one time. Macamana boleh end up jadik doktor ek...?

3 TEACHERS THAT I REMEMBER MOST (FOR VARIOUS REASONS)
Mrs Leong (I think) - she taught English at MGS. Loved wearing cleavage exposing dresses, despite once turning up with a huge burn wound on her chest, a result of frying fish, I was told. She had told me that I was unsuitable for a chinese fan dance she was coreographing because I was too chubby.
Puan Norlela - Taught me Chemistry in MRSM. Made Chemistry a lesson I would look forward to each week. Had a high pitched voice and would make the boys wash her car for failing the monthly test.
Dr King - my bapak angkat at Uni. Gave me a talk to that I would never forget, after failing my first year (or was it second year?). He went to Med School (Belfast la) with Lim Keng Yaik, and mentioned that the first time he met me.

No comments: