Thursday, May 11, 2006

Failure

Last weekend I was extremely hurt by a statement made by someone I know, regarding my current childless state.

I am totally aware that people are talking, tambah2 lagi when hubby is from a masyarakat kampung who just thrives on itty bitty gossips like this. But if I don't hear about those things they say myself, then it's ok, I tell myself that it's just in my head. I tell myself that people MUST have better things to do then speculate about the state of my marriage.

Yet, when it stared at me right in the face, I just crumbled.

Despite all my achievements, to them I am nothing if I can't produce an offspring.
It does not matter that I have stood in front of the Taj Mahal when they have only seen it on TV in a drama starring Umie Aida and M. Nasir. They don't care that I have spent 8 years of my life in a country that they know as London (London is for the whole of UK to some people) and that I came back as a doctor, ending up in a God forsaken place in order to 'help people'. To them, I am a failure.

and sometimes, I feel like one too.....

No comments: