Friday, June 16, 2006

Cruella de Ville on de road....

Today I pissed off a pakcik in a dark blue old Datsun.

It was a two-lane way somewhere near Jerteh. I had just dropped Abang off in KB for his male bonding fishing weekend. It was Zohor and there was virtually almost no traffic.

So, I was zooming past, averaging 110km/h when I came across this pakcik. I flashed my light, no response. Fine. I overtook him on the left lane and turned into the right lane, right in front of his car and took my feet off the accelerator.

Apa lagi, bengang la pakcik. (and what was he doing on the road anyway, tang org lain semua gi solat Jumaat?) When I saw him try to overtake me, I pun pecut la. Bengang pakcik honked at me. Truth be told, I was glad he didn't hide a turbo engine under that bonnet of his, kalau tak....

These people aa...can't they read? JKR dah buat signboard terang2an, IKUT KIRI JIKA TIDAK MEMOTONG. Itu pun susah nak ikut ke? or your stupid car's steering wheel cannot turn to left mah? The worst offenders are makciks in fake Gucci sunglasses (at 7 am in the morning pun mau pakai sunglasses) and equally fake Chanel rings. Kalau laju tu tak kisahlah sgt, nie bawak 40km/h pun terhegeh2 nak duduk lane kanan. Tension wehhhhh......

So, next time you're driving along Setiu-Jerteh or Machang-KB road and you see a silver Kenari (most likely very dirty also) zooming on the left lane past all those cars lined up on the right lane, that'll probably be me.

1 comment:

Lin said...

Hi there. Found ur blog while blog hopping. It can be frustrating when on the road isn't it. I guess we just have to count backwards from 10. Either that, or have a golf club in your car always :)