Thursday, June 22, 2006

'cos I'm worth it!

I'm a sucker for testimonials. And by that I mean testimonials for skin care, slimming products, etc. Especially ones that come with before and after pictures.

You get what I mean?

My skin routine has been the same since about ten years ago. Cleanse twice daily, with an off the shelf foaming wash, RM9.90 (RM8.90 on sale). Moisturize post wash, a serum guaranteed to fight the seven signs of aging, RM38.90. At one stage I even got myself to tone, but it got fiddly so it was later abandoned. I don't go for facials, I do masks probably once in a blue moon, the same can also be said for exfoliating. Heck, even before my wedding reception, I didn't bother with mandi lulurs or what nots. I don't think Mr Anuar would appreciate me taking leave just for the purpose of indulging myself...:)

So, as a result of my lack-a-daisical attitude towards my skin care regime, my skin has started to retaliate. I've been experiencing more break outs, my skin has become uneven, you'd think I've got a map of Australia permanently tattoed on. The only thing that I didn't have to be worried about was having to fuss with skin whitening stuff. Thanks to my chinese genes.



Anyway, I've been hearing about this product a lot lately. It's Canadian and a 180ml bottle of cleanser can easily buy me a posh meal in a five star hotel. and of course, it was the testimonial which snared me. It was a picture of how gorgeous the skin looked after 'just 4 weeks!', but to me it translated as - fantastic skin, 20 kilos lighter and all the chocolate I can eat.

Funny isn't it, advertising?

Anyhow, my latest miracle worker is probably going to arrive next week. Let's see if it's as wonderful as those testimonials say.

If it doesn't, well, I can always start going for facials....

No comments: