Thursday, June 15, 2006

Dr Bekeng on the prowl again

Yesterday I marah2 to my staff again.

I guess it all started on Tuesday morning. Since I had a court appearance on Monday, I had taken leave on Sunday. Abang was reluctant to drive back to Setiu on Monday since he had some work in KB on Tuesday. So aku la kena bangun pagi and drive dlm gelap subuh to make it to work by 8.

As I opened the doors of my house, the sound of running water greeted me. Pelik. I don't think I left the tap running last week. Gi jenguk dapur, air melimpah all over the kitchen floor, siap ada sediments lagi all over the kitchen sink and floor. The tap had broke at the connection and god knows how long it has been that way. Lari ke meter, (70 litres of water had run - abih bill air!) tried to switch it off-didn't work. Tap was loose. Nasib baik jumpa another main switch on the wall.

In the end, tak masuk kerja. Called CC at the office to get someone to fix it and then spent the rest of the day cleaning the muck off my floor.

The next day was antenatal clinic day. Dah tak masuk kerja for three days, berlambak2 la cases tertangguh. Ibu mengandung la, medical check up la, jaundice la, hypertension la. I completed seeing patients at two. Abang bought nasi ayam, bless him. Returned to clinic slightly later than usual, another heap of cases waiting to be seen.

What made me 'meletup' was a case from the other clinic, referred to me for insertion of IUCD. It was already 4.15, I still had one scan to do, two more cases to see and a patient waiting at the MCH for IUCD exchange. Aaarrrghhhh!!!!!

Dr Bekeng (on calling the other clinic): Siapa yg hantar pesakit nie untuk masuk IUCD?
Unlucky staff on the other side: Kita cuba call doctor tapi kaunter kata doktor keluar sekejap. Jadi kita pun suruh patient pergi aje.
Me: Doktor awak mana?
Staff: Dr *tut* ambik PM off.
Me: (What the h***????) Awak tau tak saya ramai lagi patient saya? Sekrg dah pukul 4 suku, saya ada scan lagi, kes OPD lagi, patient saya sendiri untuk masuk IUCD. Kalau awak telefon saya, ckp sepatah pun saya tak marah macam nie.
Staff: Kita dah try call tapi doktor takde...
Me: Ye la saya takde, klinik pagi saya pun habis pukul 2!!!!
Staff: Takpe la doktor (tone suara bengang giler), hantar balik la patient tu.
Me: Senang la awak cakap. Lain kali, ada courtesy (ntah2 staff tu tak paham pun apa makna courtesy) nak call saya and beritahu sepatah kalau awak nak hantar pesakit macam nie...
Bang, letak telefon.

..............me, fuming mad......

Balik rumah, Abang had to suffer through another barrage of all types of discontent and disatisfaction from me.

Tak sabarnya nak balik semula kerja di hospital.....

No comments: