Thursday, March 27, 2008

Anticipation

Kelantan people get a 4 day weekend starting tomorrow folks, and I'm one of the lucky few who has escaped being on call at all so 4 days of complete freedom! Wha-hey!

Been contemplating about where to go for the past few weeks; Kuantan is feeling too far and increasingly boring now, Langkawi seemed a nice option but I just cannot be bothered to get on a 2 hour ferry journey. Cameron Highlands became our final choice due to its distance (only an hour and a bit from Gua Musang) but I am preparing myself for the hoarde of Kelantan folks who will have thought the same thing I did. In fact, there is already a 4 car convoy leaving TM tomorrow for Cameron.

The accommodation has turned to be a mini nightmare though. None of the hotels I called had govt rates and the ones I wanted were full. I was thinking about one of the apartments but all of them needed online reservations which needed at least 24 hours prior to arrival. I finally found a phone number for Villa Dahlia and spoke to a Mr Lee who promised me an apartment without even asking me my name! Weird, yes? But I'm still optimistic and even if he turned out to be pulling my leg, I'm sure we could scurry around and find something else.

I'm bringing my nieces and nephew, by the way.

Sans their parents.

Yes. Seriously.

The younger two I'm not particularly worried about. I've been bringing them around for weekend trips to KB and seemed pretty comfortable with me. But the two older kids I'm rather concerned about. What if they become bored and regretted coming with us? What if the trip turned out to be a nightmare? What if, *gasp*, God forbid, something happens to the kids?

My only consolation is that it's only for a night and if things go well then maybe there will be other trips in the future.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

salam doc.. first time singgah ni