Friday, March 21, 2008

Hanging on, ranting on..

It's now just past 1 am and patients are still coming in droves. Yes, DROVES....don't you people sleep?

I'm basically running on adrenaline now. I'm at that stage when you've gone past your usual sleeping time and now you're basically no longer sleepy? The only thing that is keeping me going is the fact that I will be able to leave in about 7 hours.

I picked up another stray yesterday. I've been seeing it loitering around aimlessly near the labour room, all thin and scraggly and I knew it wouldn't survive if I don't do something.

Unfortunately Abg has gone for a fishing trip overnight and I'm left with the task of taking care of the new kid. Nasib baik he's (haven't really checked whether it's a he or otherwise) not the yowling type. So far he's been all quiet, sleeping in the litter tray.

Sometimes I really do not understand people. Firstly do they even understand the word KECEMASAN? A one week fever, a 10 day abscess DOES NOT constitute an emergency no matter how you look at it, okay?

Another thing is, I'm not sure whether this only happens in Kelantan or in other states as well, but do you people see parents lugging their 3-year-olds to the hospitals at 2 am? Hel-lo, kids need 10 hours of sleep, you know?

Right now in the casualty I have a 22-year-old male complaining of headache and stomach ache. He was brought by his oh-so-gedik fiancee who proceeded to clamour all over the guy the moment he was laid on the stretcher. Urgh. Excuse me, firstly, what are you doing with your fiance at 1 am in the morning? Ada maruah la sikit. And some more ada hati nak boss my staff nurse around. Hingus pun tak kering lagi, dah mengada2.

I said to my staff nurse at the labour room that my tahap kelaseran bertambah dgn my degree of exhaustion and also directly proportionate to the increasing late hour of the night. Which is why I am avoiding the gedik-tak-tau-malu couple because I regret my zing will be something I will regret later on.

I wonder if Abg has managed to catch anything, and more importanly, will he be expecting me to cook them?

Okay, I am no longer ranting now, more like rubbishing; and since the guy with the hypertensive crisis has agreed for admission, I hope he will be my last clerking tonight. Just another 6 hours to go......aaahhhh......

No comments: