Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Crankier, sleepier, spicier and in all not so nice...

I've entered week 10 today.

Masih malas tahap gaban especially when it comes to housework. But the inch-thick accumulation of cat fur has forced me to at least mop the living area.

Feel hungry but have absolutely no appetite for anything. Nothing tastes nice, not even HTM's famed nasi ayam. I eat because I know I have to.

I've noticed myself getting crankier by the day. Dah la laser in the first place, now I'm even more laser. Sheesh. Even Abg has had to bear the brunt of my crankiness. Kesian dia.

At the moment I'm just loving anything with extremely hot chilli. One of my staff nurse in the OT brings a small case of chilli and leaves it in the pantry. I caught myself smearing chilli sambal on my doughnut, can you believe it? But it was one of the more delicious thing I had all week!

Anyhow, the 12th GE is now over. Yes, the outcome was definitely interesting, but, what happened afterwards in my kampung was even MORE interesting. You know how it is that in the big cities, no one knows their neighbours (well, bar my mum who befriends EVERYONE, even the makcik who is standing next to her choosing fish at the market) ? As bad as people think that is, in some ways, it is even worst when everyone knows who you are, where you work at, who your son is married to, how much money your children give every month and who is paying for the car that person just got and more importantly, what your political stand is. Seriously, one day, as we were driving to the house, Abg confidently pointed out each house and which party they supported. Interesting, yes?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oooh.. sounds pretty familiar. i was such a hantu for anything sambal-icious during my pregnancy as well. it got to a point hubby had to physically refrain me from pouring more sambal on my roti canais!

Anonymous said...

Su... sambal on your donut? Eww... that had better been bloody good :) xx

Sue Tiramisu said...

Izreen - i blame it on my hormones..hehe

Zaiti - you'd think that, kan? tapi sedap gilerrr....hahaha...ada tgk dah gambar pakcik din punya wedding? someone has put in on flickr..

Anonymous said...

Bahagian laser tu... I cannot agree more!