Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Each of my cat has a story...

and this is Jimi's.

Jimi is the only cat in my household that I didn't 'rescue'. The owner of the eating place that Abg frequents offered him to Abg. I still remember the day Abg brought Jimi home. Abg had just pulled into the parking area and I thought was taking a long time to come over. When I looked over, Abg beckoned at me excitedly and told me to look under the seat.



This fluffy ball of white fur was sitting there, so quietly and didn't make a sound as I pulled it out. I remember feeling so sorry for him, being taken away from his home and forced to live with strangers; instead of leaving him in the cage, I put him in a box in the room.

Imagine my surprise when in my sleep that night, I reached over in between my pillow and Abg's and felt something mushy. Safe to say, Jimi sleeps in the cage from that night onwards.



Jimi is the 'samseng' of the group; he is unafraid of anything. He would be the only one to nonchalantly walk out of the house compounds unto the road and once, jump unto the paddy field across the road. I still remember watching this white fur jumping in and out the green grass chasing grasshoppers.



I was in a cheery mood this morning as I walked into the vet. When the vet assistant told me the bad news, all I could focus on was seeing his unmoving body. He was already cold. I hope his passing was painless.

In a way, I could feel how ridiculous all this sounds, yet my furkids are like a part of the family. Each of my cats have their own personality and the loss of each one leaves a void that can never be replaced.

Rest in peace my little one. You will be missed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

akak... sedih nyer... camne la akak boleh tahan ilang one by one ur beloved kids.. kucing saya meninggal sakit tua pun saya menangis berhari2.. lepas tu tak bela kucing dah.. sedih yg amat..
neway, saya arap ada next Jimmy for you..

Amy said...

Alah, I just read your blog. *hugs*

Sue Tiramisu said...

Aisha-
Bila tang sedih tu rasanya macam tak nak bela kucing la plak....tapi the next instant nampak anak kucing terbuang, giiii jugak kutip.....

Amy-
*hugs back*...