Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fuming mad post...

I received news of this last night but was down with fever so only managed to write this down now. My youngest baby brother is doing his pre U course in UM. Yesterday, in one of his chemistry practical class, a friend accidentally knocked a test tube filled with undiluted chemical and it spattered on his back.

Do you know what the stupid teacher in the class did? He dabbed on it and said it would be ok. OK????? My brother now has a gaping hole in the skin of his back, what do you say to that? I thought the first things you learnt when you enter a lab is basic first aid? Whatever happened to letting the skin sit under running water you idiot?! and you don't even have the decency to send your student to the health centre. Idiot.

and at the Health Centre, another idiot nurse let my brother sit for an hour unattended without any further treatment while the chemical was practically burning a hole in his back!

However, kudos and thank you to this Burmese medical officer who saw the urgency of my brother's case and actually sent my brother to UMMC.

So much for being the top Uni in Malaysia. I suppose this is where we are when we only run like headless chickens to get everything in order only when the Accreditation Survey is going to be held.

No comments: