Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Nonsensical ramblings

I have this strange habit - well, I wouldn't call it a habit but more of an observation - of thinking that medical officers can tell what their calling in professional life is by looking at the type of cases that come when they are on call.

For instance, I noticed that when the senior Peads MO is oncall, somehow it is on that night that kids usually come to our casualty.

Last weekend I was on call and I noted that there were mainly surgical based cases that turned up that day as my partner is the current Surgical MO.

Now, what deduction should I make when I'm on call, and no cases turn up?


P/S: The above statement is by no means me "bercakap besar" - after all I still have one on call left this month.

4 comments:

wky9683 said...

Then it'll be like me, fated not to be able to open a GP. I'm seriously thinking I'll be the first doctor to go bankrupt as a GP. Crap! Hospital life for me.

hafizahmaha said...

best gile on-call takde new case. lame dah tak on-call macam tu.

Sue Tiramisu said...

WKY-
Hey, look! I'm posting while I'm oncall! Found another proxy bypass website which had a URL that was so much easier to remember.

Are you really seriously thinking that? SERIOUSLY..??? Hahaha.

Hafizahmaha-
Sekali sekala je macam tu. Other times there will be patients collapsing everywhere....

wky9683 said...

Hehe! It's actually my retirement plan. Open a GP once I retire, work from 10 to 3pm only. Just for fun. I think by the time I retire, I'll be a really boring person, staying at home and playing with my grandkids (shocker shocker). Haha!