Friday, January 08, 2010

Hooray!!!!

Kudos to the Selangor govt for taking this initiative. I've always believed that Malaysians tend to use more plastic bags than it is good for the environment.



Of course IKEA started their Save the Environment campaign much earlier by charging for their bags and TESCO gave incentives in the form of points when customers reused bags when grocery shopping.

It is sad though that we need incentives in the money form before actually getting off our butts to do something about it. I've always heard people saying, "Ah, if you're the only one who does it, what difference will it make?" - maybe not but at least I will have a clear conscience.



My shopping trolley - bag from Popular, Molnlycke, Toko Tiga Bandung, Marks and Spencer (good for the wet stuff) and GSK.

But I do have to gloat that I've been reusing bags for quite some time. All those drug companies are just giving away good sturdy bags at conferences and symposiums. Why not put them to good use?

1 comment:

Zetty said...

banyak2 benda yg kerajaan selangor buat/tak buat...makcik memang particularly suka betul initiative ni. i have jusco reusable beg in my car all the time now.