Thursday, February 11, 2010

Do you remember....

...when your parents start to appear a little bit smaller than how you used to imagine them to be?

My parents were always the people I looked up to when I was growing up. I remember being so proud when Ma would come to school to pick us up because I have always thought that she is way prettier than all the other mothers.

I remember how strongly Pa would grip my hand in his while we were crossing the road. I remember how strong he looked when he would sit by his desk at work and we would be in the pantry eating 'biskut kapalterbang'.

They appeared so sure and so tall and so big.


I went home recently and gave my mum a hug. She looked so sad and so frail, that I was sure I could hold her in the both of my hands.

I wondered then how it is that I could not see how fragile my Ma has become....

No comments: