Saturday, October 22, 2011

Ramblings of an insomniac

It is half three in the morning and I can't sleep. We're planning to drive to KL in about 3 hours time but my phlegm-filled chest is killing me.

I had suffered from coughing since the last one week which subsided after Abg got me special sinseh medications that were recommended by a friend. Lo and behold the cough improved but now I can't get the secretions out. I guess even coughs have a purpose. I wonder if it is possible to initiate coughing like making someone sneeze by making him/her sniff pepper


I've always found it ironic that I can barely keep my eyes open beyond 9pm on a working night, yet be so energised at 1 am on a weekend night. Similarly, on a working day, the snooze button gets hit at least 3 times before I groggily make my way to the bathroom, but come weekend, I am up half an hour before the alarm is due to go off.

2 comments:

hafizahmaha said...

cube goreng cili atas minyak panas. that never fails to make me cough and sneeze.
btw, i'm a duracel rabbit on weekends and eveready non-rabbit on weekdays.
hope you get well soon.

Sue Tiramisu said...

Hafizah-
It took going home to mummy and have her pamper me with healthy food and constant cups of home-made ginger infused tea which almost immediately cleared up the phlegm.

*sigh* Dah besar pun need mummy to take care of me.....