Saturday, July 21, 2012

My Bree Adventures

We have both agreed that we wouldn't be going to any Pasar Ramadhan if we can help it. It is only during Ramadhan that suddenly everyone feels they can be the next Masterchef and open up a stall. Most of the time the food would lack taste and often, we would end up with nearly spoiled items.

In the past, and I am embarrased to admit to this - Abg would be the one waking up to prepare sahur. Since he is his own boss and doesn't have a punchcard, whereas I would have to drive to work at 7 - I figured it's only fair that he wakes up early because he could always have a lie in after Subuh. Fair, yes?

So, now that I am on unpaid leave, Abg has gleefully left the job of preparing sahur unto me. Which I have wholeheartedly embraced. Thankfully Abg isn't choosy about what I feed him and thankfully too that I am a rather decent cook.

I have been cooking everyday since the beginning of Ramadhan and enjoying every single minute of it. It has been chicken soup, keli bakar, baked macaroni and fried kuey teow complete with homemade pickled chillies, just to name a few.

Perhaps I would be bored and be begging for a trip to the Pasar Ramadhan later on but for the time being, here's to my Bree adventures!

No comments: