Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Longing

Occasionally I do miss it.

Being at work, cutting up patients and sewing them back together - roaming the quiet corridors when I am oncall reviewing cases.

Yesterday I was trying to make chek meks out of this bag of keledeks I got while on holiday in Johor. Ma had warned me that they aren't suitable for that purpose, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway and of course it was an epic fail. Despite pouring in about half a bag of flour, it was still too mushy to be shaped. Trying to air fry it didn't help either, I guess.

So as I looked at the big lump of keledek-flour mix, despair came over me. Why oh why did I leave something that I am good at and do something I thought (but in reality am not) I am?

*sigh*

But then, I get phonecalls from my friends and they tell me how stressed they are with presentations and thesis preparation and I suddenly feel all better again. I may have to face all that in 4 months time but for the time being, I am just going to lie back and relax and figure out the secret to fantastic chek meks (preferably air fried ones).

1 comment:

Formerly known as Superwomanwannabe! said...

have you stopped work???