Sunday, July 02, 2006

Odds and Ends

Genap lah setahun I kerja di Klinik Kesihatan Permaisuri. Sometimes I don't know how I managed to last this long without going crazy. Sometimes I think, hey, this place could grow on me, y'know..?

Last week, S brought me a PLKN trainee. I dread the registration of the third batch because generally, they are the 'problematic' ones. Usually, the third intake consists of students who probably didn't make it past Form three, OR did get through but not usually your run-of-the-mill, IPT applicants. The week before he had already brought me 5 of them, a malay boy who was crying (yup, crying) because he didn't want to stay, two chinese lads who could barely speak 10 words of Malay and two girls who needed treatment. The malay lad whom he brought that day looked quite normal. In his form he didn't state having any physical illness. S sat in front of me and I must've looked at him with this puzzled expression.

In response, S asked the boy "Cuba cakap apa nama sebenar awak?"

Boy: Tuan Hoshigaki pertama (at least I think that was what he said)
Me: (Whhaaa???) Apa dia?
Boy: Tuan Hoshigaki pertama.
Me: Habis tu, siapa dia Mohd ****** bin ******* nie?
Boy: Ntah la, sape tu? Tak kenal pun..?
Me: Ayah nama apa?
Boy: Adam.
Me: Mak awak?
Boy: Hawa.

S: Adik awak nama apa?
Boy: Naruto.
Me: (biar betul budak nie) Naruto adik awak?
Boy: Iyer. Semalam dia datang jumpa saya, zuuppp masuk badan saya. Nie dia ada dlm badan saya nie.

According to S, the night before he was up half the night, convinced that he saw a ghost and he has been scaring everyone by saying that from the 144 trainees who had bothered to turn up (out of usually 300+), 5 of them were already dead and it was their spirits who have turned up for PLKN.

I even called the boy's father and according to him, his son is only 'slow' in understanding instructions - BUT he has been seen to be smiling and talking to himself and on one ocassion, act agressively at home.

On discussion with my FMS, we both agreed that he should be sent home.

Which is sad, really. He could have had a lot of fun at camp. At home he'd probably be confined to the house, watching Naruto vcds all day.

No comments: