Friday, January 19, 2007

A well earned break

After the chaos that is my OPD in HTM, boy was I glad for my holiday. I usually try to go back to KL once every three months. Abg doesn't get to query/complain because I spend the rest of the year with his family. Fair la kan...hehehe.

We (my sisters and I) decided that we must must MUST go for a family trip this time round. I said I'd pay for accommodations, and sendiri2 bayar duit minyak and duit tol. So, sis number 2 said she'd pay for dinner at a Medan Ikan Bakar. Originally wanted to go to Melaka but sis number 2 already went so she was not keen. After lingering on Bagan Lalang (no suitable place to stay) and Kuala Selangor (Tok Mama does not want to ride on rickety boats at Maghrib time regardless of how beautiful the kelip2 looks), we later decided on Lumut. I came across *Lumut Valley Condo Resort* - RM148 for a studio deluxe, RM268 for a 3 bedroom apartment - good deal what? - among the advantages of holidaying during off peak seasons.

Stopped at Teluk Intan for lunch. Gu*lam Ras*ul is so famous there...! it's like THE nasi kandar place to be and I saw at least three different branches of it roundabout Lu*mut/Te*luk In*tan.

We reached Lumut about 4 and after checking in and checking out each other's rooms, Hannah immediately wanted to go to the swimming pool. What is it with kiddies and water, huh? The moment they see any amount of water in a container, they develop this uncontrollable urge to jump in and splash around. Hannah was so excited, she insisted on wearing her goggles in the car. Kiut sangat.

By the by, her mummy has enrolled her in a kindy called Kri*sta. Very nice location, very nice headmistress. I think they have branches all over. After classes in the morning, they also have daycare. Nice lah, siap ada uniform lagi. Hannah has been taught to say "My name is Hannah" whenever she is asked the appropriate question. But then, she has also developed this knack of saying "Oh mak kau" at no particular time of day; I'm worried her babah will say her aunts are becoming a bad influence on her.....hehehe. Janji bukan kitorg yang ajar tau......

Lumut's a nice place. Very well developed. Clean. It's small, yes but only because most ppl just use Lumut as a stopover on the way to Pangkor. Excited sgt sampai lupa nak ambik gambar. Later that evening, Abg and I went to Tel*uk Ba*tik to survey for dinner. The beach itself is average, but just before you reach the beachfront itself is a sign towards Medan Ikan Bakar (apatah - tak ingat). We chose and ordered food and told them to prepare it for half eight. So, kot bila nak makan karang, takde la nak tunggu sejam baru dapat food. Preparation is the utmost when you are travelling with 9 other adults, ok...:)

Ramai jugak org kat Medan Ikan Bakar tu later that night. Nearly full and they had quite a lot of tables. Luckily our tables by the water had been reserved and food came not 5 mins later. Perfect. Taste wise, hmmm, not that great lah. I've had better tapi boleh la....

The next day off we went at nearly 8 to get a ferry to Pangkor. Biasa lah, tourist spots macam nie byk lah ulat2 berkeliaran, insisting that their ferry is the best option around. Since going to Langkawi last year, I've learnt my lesson and not grab the first thing that comes hovering near my face. If there are no better options about, I can always get back to him, huh?

We were loitering around at about quarter to 8 and this ulat approached sis number 2, insisting that the next ferry was only at quarter past. He is offering RM10 perhead (return ticket). I said no, I want to check out other options. Ye lah, we're not really pressed for time ke apa, kan..kalau betul dah takde ferry, nanti kiotrg dtg la beli tiket you. Tapi as we walked towards the jetty, he loitered with us, siap buat small talk with Tok Papa. and Lo and behold, an 8 am ferry is waiting and we paid only for 8 adults (we got 2 FOC), so ended up only paying RM8 per head.

I sound calculating, kan....? but it's not the money, it's the principles, people! :)

Pangkor was marvellous!!!!!!!!!!!!

A sea of pink vans waited as we unboarded the ferry (journey took 25mins). Take note, these are the only means of travelling. It fits 12 adults so just nice lah untuk the Sukeri clan nih. They offered us RM60 for a 2 hour trip and they will bring you to 4 sights - 2 tourist spots, a kilang ikan and the beach.

Next time I go, I'll just get a 'taxi' to Teluk Nipah. Snorkeling there is highly recommended and you don't even have to know how to swim! I saw a family of makciks siap dgn tudung labuh ngan baju kurung lagi okeyyyy......sense of adventure sungguh.

Hannah had fun destroying the sand castles her mak long made (apa la punya anak sedara) while her mummmy and babah went snorkeling. Nasib baik baby Hariz slept soundly all the while his mummy went. I told Hannah mummy gi kerja cabut gigi kat tgh laut...hehehe....

At noon, we trudged back to the apartments with big bags off fish products and made our way back to KL. Reality sank in as we got caught in the Sungai Buluh traffic crawl. Ahhh, nothing like a traffic jam to jolt you to your senses, huh....

All in all, a fun and mostly hassle-free family outing. Where next people????

No comments: