Friday, June 22, 2007

Filler

Whether it's just plain laziness or blogger's block, I don't know, but I just haven't the foggiest what to write. Ideas always pop up in my head and I'd say, hey, I'll write about that, tapi bila balik rumah, already forgotten la what to write....

I went to Kuantan last weekend. There's just a limit to the times that you can go to KB Mall lah. KB needs more shopping malls!! Hehehe. I drove from our house to Bandar Al Muktaffibillah Syah (or something like that) - that's the furthest I've driven; previously it was from Setiu to Kuala Berang. Granted the roads are pretty straightforward so that made it easy.

Abg went for his Friday prayers and we got tickets for the 2.45 show for Ocean's 13. While waiting outside, I noticed this odd couple. The guy had a foreign look about him, had longish hair in a pony tail, in a sleeveless shirt with bermudas. The lady was in a tight short sleeved T and a mini skirt with heels. They were pushing a stroller and inside was a baby, barely 2 months old, okay?

I was gobsmacked. But of course not literally lah, because I certainly had loads to say to Abg about it. I mean, who in their right minds, brings a 2 month old baby to a cinema?

We purposely bought tickets for seatings at the side and thought the couple would be sitting somewhere similar as they most likely would leave the stroller in the aisle. But noooooo, the chose the centre sitting area and smack right in the middle some more.

Of course the baby cried lah, like all normal babies would. I totally sympthised with the folks sitting near the couple and it did cross my mind maybe there was a hidden camera somewhere recording our reactions towards the bizarreness of this all.

Totally bizarre, yes?

Seriously.

Anyway, we welcomed a couple of new MOs in the hospital. You could actually hear the collective sigh of relief from all of us. One MO got to 'escape' from ward work because she is now the only one with gassing skills and I get to release my duty as Haemodialysis MO.

They are literally a couple. A young husband and wife, fresh from their houseman postings. As I looked at them, I thought they look more self assured and confident than I felt when I first came to HTM.

It's kinda hard when you go to a new place with your significant other. You don't know anyone else so you stick to your partner, and when you do that, other people tend to be reserved about coming over to say hello.

The wife is doing OPD duties and have been calling me for opinions (which is totally weird because before this I've been asking other seniors and now someone may be asking ME stuff! Pressure tau!...:)) and I hope she realises that despite my appearance I'm actually very friendly. Betul maaa....

No comments: