Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tales of my cats...

Apparently some of my colleagues have gotten hold of my blog and are actually reading the nonsense I am writing.....hello you-know-who-you-people are!! Hahaha...

So, that means I can't write about my colleagues (tapi I tak pernah mengumpat korang okeyyy) and I certainly can't write (badly) about my boss (haha) and my patients (and their relatives) sometimes don't warrant my time tapping away on the keyboard with my crappy Slowmyx connection.

I have 12 cats to date - I know! How did they get to be so many?; if I were single, I'd probably be known as the crazy cat lady who ended up dead and her cats made a feast of her body. Urgh.

Bubu is my 'anak sulung'. It was last August when I found him loitering around the OPD, all thin and scruffy. Seriously, he was so 'comot'.



Didn't I say he was scruffy? He was very vocal back then - we wanted to train Bubu to do his business in the bathroom so at nights, we would lock him up. He would be mewing his lungs out till he fell asleep. It worked, though. Bubu sleeps with us on the bed and will always poo where he is supposed to.



Bubu has the nicest personality when he was growing up. Being the only cat in the house at that time, he was very attached to us yet he was equally welcoming to the other members of the family. People would carry him around, and he wouldn't mind. Kids could be yanking at his tail and he wouldn't care.



Bubu grew up (and out) wonderfully under our care. He lost his emaciated look and became a handsome cat indeed. His tail surprised us the most - we never thought it would become so fluffy!



Bubu is about a year old now. I am planning to neuter him soon but just couldn't find the time. Apparently cats get fatter and become healthier after 'snip snip' but currently he's still well behaved - none of that peeing on the wall business - but I HAVE seen him on 'dates' with the female cats around and he has been getting into fights with the other tom cats.



Bubu loves to sleep. All he does is sleep, eat, sleep some more, eat some more and sleep. He would go for his daily rounds outside at about 8 at night but would always come back in time for bedtime with us. Yes, Bubu sleeps with us on the bed, in the air conditioned room.



Occasionally when he gets tired of the bed, he would climb unto the wardrobe and sleep there.






This is Bubu's will-you-please-stop-taking-pictures-please face. and Yes, he was sleeping at that time. Hence the pissed off face.



I still can't get him to catch mice though. Despite his gentle nature, Bubu is a scaredy cat. In fact, I think the term 'scaredy cat' was probably created for Bubu. He's especially afraid of the vacuum cleaner, will run a mile once we switch it on.

The thing I look forward most at the end of a work day (apart from seeing Abg, of course) is to watch my cats. As most cat lovers will tell you, each one has a personality of their own. Just like kids and as long as I haven't got any and even after I have my own, my cats will be my kids.....

Next - Fizzy..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Akak, Bubu reti ngiau ak? my "comel" bela dr kecik sampai dia mati tak reti ngiau sbb dah manja sgt.. tikus pun tak reti tangkap.. bukan bukan.. comel takut tikus gak...hehehe.. tp bubu sangat comel..

Sue Tiramisu said...

Aisha-
Mmg dia comel, kan? sayanggg Bubu... dia bleh gak ngiau sikit2 ala2 manja gitu time dia nak masuk bilik or nak kuar bilik pagi2....

Anonymous said...

i read this entry with faces of "awwwww...", "mawaaaaiiii nya...", "alawwwwwwwr...".

hey jgn lupa label your entries kat bawah nanti tu!

tapi kan doc.. i pelik, my Labu and Labi bila dah snip snip pun dia tak gumuk-gumuk! (maybe sebab spay kat a real vet hospital?)

but my eldest si Adi... maaaan, lepas snip snip terus gumukssss! (hat ni spay kat boarder-house murah... sian Adi)

Amier said...

Comelnya bubu.