Friday, May 02, 2008

Empty

I don't know how many times I've come back to this page and stared at the blinking cursor, not knowing what or why or how to start.


For a while, all I wanted was an end. A conclusion. A finality so that I can finally get on with my life.

Now that that is here, I find myself facing an emptiness.


I woke up in the wee hours of the morning today; somewhat soothed by the snoring of Abg who is lying uncomfortably on the cleopatra sofa in my room. I am awashed by the amount of love and patience that this man have showered on me and as the memories of events that passed in the last few days come flooding back, again I find tears rolling slowly down my cheeks.

My baby was a perfect, healthy baby boy. Abg and I was sure we were having a girl; if the situation was otherwise, I'm sure both of us would be laughing at our silliness.

For a while I was just numb. For a while the outside world ceased to exist. But slowly it came back, weighted by this vast emptiness I am currently feeling.

It would be so easy to think that I am the only one grieving and some moments, the selfishness indeed grabs me but Abg has stood fast - patiently, quietly and I am shamed.

Perhaps it's not my time for the 'rezeki'. Until that time comes, I will be here - grieving but humbled and thankful.

3 comments:

mafeitz said...

We;re sorry to hear ur loss.Its tough and it is not easy to cope with. It can;t be explained in words and the feeling is a total muck up. You wished that it was a bad dream but the reality of it you just wanna deny.

We went through that period before which was tough and i can feel your hurt and despair.Hold on and redha.Be strong and thankful for the experience. It just not rezeki and do keep trying. Insya-Allah.

Somebody told me then.. "At least you have someone waiting to receive you up there... "

Amy said...

Betul apa Dr M tu cakap Doc Yana. Meh nak hug *hugs*..be strong, I know it's not easy. Take care!

Anonymous said...

doc yana, be strong sis.
i'm also a doctor, have been married for 6yrs,
did fertility treatment 2 times,
1st treatment failed, very upset at that time, grieve and cried. alhamdulillah the 2nd time,succeed, but still have to be alert,

doc yana,
ini semua ujian Allah sis,
at least, u conceive naturally, means that u can easily get pregnant, me otherwise....
look forward and don't give up.
Allah knows the best....
don't give up sis.