Saturday, December 19, 2009

Edisi lepas geram

If it is one thing that I hate, it's confrontation but I think sometimes it is just inevitable.

It is a pity that we live in a society that prefers to talk behind someone's back rather than say it out loud in front of the person we have a problem with. I used to watch MTV's Real World and would be impressed by the way how the Mat Salleh's could lay it all out and settle things once and for all.

A staff at the hospital had been trying to get us to write a memo about her relative's condition. All this while she had been passing the message to us via the staff at the clinic so we told our staff to tell her that we would like to speak with her ourselves and could she please call us?

But no call came and apparently one day Her Royal Highness came huffing and puffing to the clinic and lay her fiery wrath towards my staff and got another MO to write the memo.

Yang aku peliknya, if she was so mad, she had passed my partner on the way into the clinic and she didn't say a word! Kalau nak marah, marah directla weh. Don't let it out on the staff - they were basically following orders.

So I called her the next day. As she wasn't in, I got her staff to pass the message that I was looking for her. Did she have the courtesy to call me back? Nooooo - I had to call her back and this time she was in. Aku tau la kau pakai baju biru and kau rasa kau lagi tua dari aku - memang pun kau lagi tua sebenarnya and sebab kau tua la kau dah hilang pertimbangan kan.

When I told her off (nicely, mind you) she went on to sulk mode and merajuk ngn aku la pulak. Aku nak marah pun tak jadik. Tah pape tah. Nak mintak tolong org tapi nak suruh org pulak cari dia....bengong.

Tu la masalahnya bila kerja district hospital - it is full with old dinosaurs who think just because they have worked there for yonks, that they own the hospital and are exempted from having manners and courtesy. and one more thing, just because kau pakai baju hijau atau baju biru, it doesn't give you the right to be nasty to your lower ranking staff, ok?

1 comment:

wky9683 said...

Oooooo, fiery! Need to put on my CNN cap now I guess. Haha!