Thursday, December 31, 2009

Bye bye 2009

I wonder what it is that compels us to be reflective at the end of the year. Perhaps it is the increase in the number that shocks us into realising that time has passed by and we haven't done as much good as we possibly can in the past 365 days.

To me, the year has been a pretty good year. I don't remember a lot of downs - but maybe that's just me, despite the grumpy person I am, I tend to forget bad things rather quickly.

Career-wise has been pretty good. Despite still not wanting to pursue a masters programme, I can finally plate a femur bone myself (did one - skin incision to skin closure - within an hour, a personal record which I haven't been able to break since), K-nailed numerous femurs, and can totally be left alone doing carpal tunnel and trigger finger releases.

After about 8 years of working in various specialties, including a stint in a KK, I can safely and surely say that SHOULD I decide to take a Masters programme, it will be something that I enjoy rather than something that I had ended up in just because it was my final posting of my housemanship. Or, even worse, something I am taking up just because the work is easy and allows me to be home when oncall.

I am thankful that I haven't had much trouble financially. Finally got myself to acquire a property, much to Ma's relief. This year, money seems to come in from unexpected sources, Alhamdulillah. I have been able to travel a bit, something that I hope can continue this year.

On a more personal level - there's still only the two of us. I am happy with my uncomplicated life - so far. I hope my relationship with Abg for the past year had been more than simply two adults tolerating each other just because they're married.

Yup, it has been a very good year indeed, and here's to an even better one in 2010!

No comments: