Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Where oh where...

...has my Ciku gone?



We went to KL for a weekend break, and to welcome Ma home from her pilgrimage. Arrived at FIL's house late on Monday and according to Abg, Ciku was well and jumping all over the place, as Ciku is known to do.

The next day when I went to let them out, Ciku looked listless and was sitting on the floor. Which, if anyone knew Ciku, would immediately suspect something is wrong.

Anyway, I left him be, hoping some fresh air would do him good. I chatted with Abg and the next minute Ciku was nowhere to be found. I went all around the house and couldn't see him anywhere. Ciku never leaves the compound. There is nothing that Ciku loves best than getting himself all caught up in my clothes, and getting his head in my handbag so if there was anywhere Ciku would go is into the house but nope, he was missing.

and he hasn't returned.

Someone told me once that cats will never die in front of their owners. I'm not sure how true that is but Ibu Kutip whom I brought home with two kittens from work never left the porch. She was old; I can tell by the lack of teeth in her mouth. One day she just disappeared. I know she didn't get hit by a vehicle because Ibu Kutip never goes to the road.

I wish I hadn't let Ciku out of his cage yesterday. Perhaps he would still be with us today. Now, who would I cuddle when things are stressing me out? Ciku is my only cat who seem to recognise his own name, never failing to mew back when I call it out.

Be well, Ciku and come home....

1 comment:

hafizahmaha said...

i hope ciku comes back to you. our cats seem to have been leaving home and not coming back too. i assume that they left us for some place better, either here or the ever after.