Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Seronoknya kahwin....



First things first, congratulations berjuta-juta lemon to my sister Yanti and her significant other, the newest addition to the family, Shaharani.



The couple were joined in matrimony on a sunny Friday afternoon and had their simple but joyous reception the next day.

Many a hair were teared out on nearing the day, but in the end, everything ended well and although I fell asleep, everyone else (including the bride and groom) watched Faizal win his Vios.

I am the first to admit that my relationship with Yanti hasn't been that great. Yanti and Yaya had always had a special bond, being closer age wise, sharing a room and having a penchant for cute guys on TV. So I was rather taken aback when she asked me what married life is like. I told her, 'Seronok.'....hehehe.... The truth mah. Betul apa. Regardless of what has happened between me and Abang, we still have a lot of fun together. Yes, tears have been shed, angry words have been hurled (mostly by me) but all that only makes the happy bits even more ..happy.

I told her to be patient, to put each other's needs first and first and foremostly, to have fun getting to know each other.

Tapi, as I watched the day fold out, I kinda envied Yanti. I envy the feelings of excitement, nervousness and thrill that only a bride can get on her wedding day. Of knowing that a whole new world is just waiting for her to be explored.

Not that I dislike what I have with Abang now. I love the familiarity and quiet contentment that we both share....but it will never be the same, kan?

Ma and Pa looked happy. Ma basically ran on adrenaline that day. Sampai ke Faizal 'senyum sokmo' nak nyanyi pun dia still takde selera nak makan. But she looked content. Maybe after three weddings, she's finally gotten her act together - which will be good, considering there's still Yaya left.



Yaya has jokingly said that she is now open to receiving marriage proposals from Ma's makcik friends. Guys she knows from Uni just aren't good enough. Anyone know where I can find a Fadzley double, call me, ok?

No comments: