Monday, May 04, 2009

Did I not say so..?

I wonder what has kept Abg. He's usually not late. I've just been lazing around surrounded by my kids. Che'Tam looks lethargic. Friends are humoured by the fact that I use medical terms to describe my cats' condition.

Anyway, I fed Che'Tam her deworming medication during the weekend. She hasn't been herself since. She seems to devour my KFC chicken though, so I hope that means that she's not that bad.

Unlike how her master is feeling.

Last night's call was not that bad, considering. A bad call is when more than 2 patients collapse on you. One is acceptable. Two is still not bad but more than 2 means that you really need to 'mandi bunga', as we like to joke.

There was a relative who brought his wife who complaint that she was dizzy. He had just arrived as I left to shower, leaving the casualty to my partner that night. As I turned up about an hour later, he was just leaving. He turned to us, and said in an unusually loud voice, "THANK YOU DOCTOR. HAVE A PLEASANT NIGHT" - it was said in a way that clearly indicated that he meant otherwise.

I've long learnt, in Kelantan, if a malay speaks English with you, he/she is trying to say "I'm educated you know, don't mess with me like you mess with the kampung folk". Urgh. Stupid. What have we become; learn Mandarin to get a job, learn English to intimidate people.

According to my colleague, he had sat at the counter and was babbling away while she was clerking her cases. She wasn't in her friendliest mood as the cases were many and waiting. Was that why Mr Moustache was so sarcastic? You think by loading your sarcasm on us, it will help us improve our service? I don't think so!

Anyway, we ended up resuscitating a patient at about 1am. Despite our efforts for the next couple of hours, he was still hanging on by a thread. He was too ill to be transferred and we both knew that he was there because of the medications that we were pumping into him. Bleurgh. Regardless of how ill or how bad premorbidly my patients are, I still feel bad when they expire. Definitely one for the mortality meeting.

Ah well. Shall deal with it once I return from my long awaited holiday.

1 comment:

hafizahmaha said...

glad to hear that you're going off for a well deserved holiday. have fun.