Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A musing

After a relatively heavy oncall, I woke up extra early, woke Abg up so that he could drive me to work and have breakfast together.

I was enjoying the aroma of freshly cooked rice and 'gulai ayam' when I saw something on my chicken which I initially thought was a fleck of spice or fried onion. Out of habit I flicked it unto the side of the plate and noticed that it had curiously insect-like legs. I looked at it closer and yes, I had a side order of mini cockroach.

I was thankful I hadn't shoved it into my mouth with the previous spoonful of rice but what do I do now? Even if I called the stall owner and showed it to her, she'd only replace it with the same gravy little roach had been cooking in. I then told myself, all those desperately hungry people in Pakistan would be killing each other for the plate of rice that I had in front of me right now. and afterall, you'd think the big pot of 'gulai' which had been boiling would probably have neutralized any toxins that the insect had.

Right?

Right?!

What would one do in a situation like this?

4 comments:

BadRiza said...

owh dear!!!!

kalau i, berenti je makan and carik makanan kat kedai lain yang lebh menjaminkan (haha)
Tapi, sue ni mmg baik orangnya... with a kind heart... memang betul sue kata, kita patutnya selalu beringat pada orang2 yang kurang bernasib baik kan?

hafizahmaha said...

u changed ur layout! red hot!

so, ok... if i tell u what i'd probably do, will u tell me what u did?

Sue Tiramisu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue Tiramisu said...

Zaa-
Tapi kedai lain tu ntah2 lebih teruk....

Hafizah-
Was getting bored with the black...

I'll tell you anyway - I actually just ignored it and finished the rice.



Cue gasps and fainting episodes all around. Haha.

Tak bleh la - it's not like it was a humongous roach. It was soooooo tiny - hey maybe it wasn't a roach after all!!! Hahahaha.