Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weekend sob fest

I am a sucker for sad sappy stories. Actually, no - I am a sucker for any emotional story. I cried when the Jamaican bobsled team won in Cool Runnings. I cried when Tristan's father who suffered from a stroke wrote 'Am Happy' on his small blackboard when his son returned in The Legends of the Fall. I cry at every episode of Grey's Anatomy in the sixth season.

Last night, I had the ultimate waterworks party. It wasn't merely a snivel or a sob here and there. I was practically bawling my eyes out. All because of a dog.

I remember seeing his statue in a picture Ma took when she was on her honeymoon. His loyalty was awe inspiring. You wonder at the bond between this dog and his master for it to wait every day for nine years after his master died.



The fact that the Akita they had playing the lead in the movie was so gorgeous didn't help (with the crying) either.

I wonder if any of my cats would do this for me?


Hm.


Probably not.

1 comment:

wky9683 said...

It's a pity. I have two at home. Crazy things they are. But unlike cats, they aren't the cleanest things around. After their bath, the first thing they do is ROLLING IN THE GARDEN!! Talk about frustration.

But I never had pedigree dogs, mine are just pariah. But they do their work just fine, although one of them tend to start attacking its empty feeding bowl every now and then. Talk about insane. Haha!

But any pet owner will feel the same about their pets, be they just fishes or parakeets or even the rare iguana.