Friday, March 30, 2007

Itch

I love weekends.

Not because I get to sleep late. I'm not a late waker-upper anyway in the first place - even during my studying days, I'm up by no later half eight - yet somehow, it's something about knowing you don't have to be anywhere which makes me so chirpy. Weird, I know.

The kitchen has been in a total mess for nearly a month. What with being on call and away for courses, I just haven't had the time to roll up my sleeves and get to what needs to be done. The window sill is grimy with gunk, I can smell rat pee from behind my plate rack and fish bones and what nots are scattered behind the microwave. The floor is slippery from cooking oil spattered during frying and don't even get me started on the state of my refridgerators!

Three hours later, my kitchen top is shiny and lavender smelling, my sinks are rid of the slime starting to colonise the grout and best of all, the floor is mopped! I even took the trouble to wipe off the glue from the rat trap on the floor. Ayah (dad in law) has been having fun with the rat traps we bought in KL. He's been laying them around the house and checking up on them everyday for the latest catch. The small ones get stuck alright but the larges ones just struggle off and leave horrible glue trail (complete with fur) all over. Did you know cooking oil works wonders on these gluey stuff?

I'm on passive call for 48 hours starting 8 am Saturday. Which means I have to come in and do rounds two days in a row. I'm supposed to do OPD call as well on Monday but I think I just can't be bothered so I'm letting kak TJ have it. I got so pissed off with this particular senior MO. Forever taking leave and letting us struggle to cope with her ward. Kalau dia amik cuti, org lain cover, takpe. Tapi god forbid if someone else takes leave, she will act as if we left the whole hospital for her to manage!? Mentang2 la you so senior, you think you can bully us meh?

My last break was in January. I think it's time to go off on another break. We were talking about a road trip to the northern part of the peninsula this time. Once we get this done, it's Sabah and Sarawak next. Finally found my passport so I can now apply for a renewal.


India was a blast and a total dream come true. One of these days I should really scan all my stuff from the 2 month trip and relive it here. I'm now itchy for another trip abroad. Abg has never been out of the country so I would really love to go travelling with him.

I'd love to go back to London - maybe we could do that when sis Yanie goes off for her dental postgraduate thingy - but Australia looks kinda fun. The thing with the travelling bug is that, the planning and poring over details and researching about the place you're heading off to is part of the fun. Well, to me anyway.

A fellow blogger up north in Ireland is travelling to Austria. Nak ikuttttt! Ah, the anticipation and planning and sleepless nights as you await for THE day.......*sigh* only another avid traveller will understand.....

2 comments:

Formerly known as Superwomanwannabe! said...

waddddduuuuuhhhhh...bestnye kitchen dah gleaming....but geli baca pasal tikusssss!!

When did you go to India - want to read!

Sue Tiramisu said...

I went while I was doing my elective period at the beginning of final year med school.....kat Mysore for 4 weeks, then travelling from south to Delhi for 2 weeks and then another 2 weeks in Katmandu, Nepal....best oo backpacking.

Gerenti sekarang tak leh buat lagi...tak cukup stamina dah nak carry backpack, and travel on a shoestring budget....in other words, sudah mengada2 bahhh....hahaha....