Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Post call rant...

Seriously, oncall rosters are the worst pain in the neck sometimes. There are just way too many things that you have to consider, like, who has been on call during the final few days of the previous month, or who has been doing extra weekend calls and whose turn is it this month? Or who gets to do the much coveted OPD call and who gets the weekend passive calls? Urgh.

Once you get assigned with the task, you would need to call up all the other MOs and ask them for 'requests' - i.e. which days they prefer to do their calls and what nots. I've decided from next month, to do away with this chore and put a book in the casualty so that any MO can write down requests any time. The MO incharge of doing up the roster will then pick up this book and do up the roster based on the requests.

Then, on doing up this roster, ada lagi benda nak kena consider. For instance, preferably, do not put an MO on a passive call just before or right after his/her active call. Then, you're not supposed to put an MO on call (passive or otherwise) on too many weekends. Previously it wasn't much of a problem but since we decided that passive call MO has to come for rounds on the weekends, leceh la because you have to come in anyway.

Then, even after you've completed this complicated, headache inducing task and ON TIME some more, some will still be unhappy. Isy, tak grateful langsung....hehe.

Last night was rather quiet. Hari Sakit Perut Sedunia bersambung lagi. Had only 3 admissions and no referrals and that is seriously, NOTHING compared to what my hospital is known to be. Even the labour room was quiet. My labour room staff slept soundly from midnight onwards.

However, at around 5 am, one of my MAs informed me of a case of abdominal pain. He mentioned that the UPT (urine pregnancy test) was positive. So, bangun la MO ngantuk-mamai nie nak gi rule out ectopic pregnancy.

Turns out that my patient has indulged in some hanky panky with her fiance and has now gotten herself pregnant. She asked me to keep the truth from her grandmother but I told her, somehow or later, kena jugak beritau. I siap warning kat budak tu, you tak nak baby you, jangan buat benda tak elok pulak, baik bui (beri) ke saya. Initially I wanted to discharge her, but then she told me there was some bleeding, so kena la admit.

Later on, as I was pondering over my roster at the counter, masuk plak a male relative, probably wondering what's going on. When told that she has to be admitted, macam tak percaya la plak, sakit perut sikit pun kena masuk ward. Siap jeling2 kat I lagi.....Arrrgh, tension! Hehehe. Before I went off for my breakfast, I ckp kat fiesty grandmother, "Mokcik nok tau bakpo kena masuk wad, mokcik tanyo la cucu mokcik tuh...." Actually, ditujukan khas pada hanky panky girl tapi I think laser I kurang tepat la sebab apparently, sampai dah duduk atas katil dlm wad pun 'mokcik' masih tak puas hati kenapa cucu dia kena masuk wad.

Moral of the story, kalau nak hanky panky, pandai-pandai la protect yourself.

Hey, I'm not supporting free sex, okay...tapi regardless, every Tom, Dick, Harry and Jane is doing it. It's human nature to want something that is forbidden and tambah lagi portrayed as so pleasureable. Tapi, if you're too stupid to do something about preventing pregnancies, at least be responsible to your baby la. Sedap buat, pandai la tanggung.

No comments: