Saturday, March 24, 2007

Rant rant rant...


AF5 fans - ada rupa macam Aizat tak?
Warning, post nie merepek dan meraban. Don't say you haven't been warned.
Me, post call today. Abg went fishing somewhere last night and still haven't returned. He usually goes off on this little hobby of his whenever I'm on call on a weekend. Yg tak bestnya, they only leave for land (from whatever spot in the ocean they were on the whole night) at about noon so I'm left at home bored......and hungry. and did I mention bored?
I've exhausted all my usual cyberspace haunts, even found a blog that could possibly belong to a homeroom-mate of mine, but I'm not sure, and I don't want to embarass him by asking straight out in his comments page, kan.
Did I mention I was on call last night? On calls on days when people baru dpt gaji can be rather uneventful. Yesterday's was one of those. Having the second call come for rounds have left me bored in the morning because I usually turn up early to do discharges and rounds. I was sooo bored that I decided to do the postnatal discharges. There were only four so that didn't take much time pun, so I was left feeling bored again.
Admissions in the morning were mostly abdominal pains. Hari Sakit Perut Sedunia la katakan. Serious. I had about 4-5 abdominal pains throughout my shift, 2 of which were suspected appendicitis. I like appendicitis, mainly because I don't have to consult anyone before sending the patient. Boring la consult MO in the referral centre - most are nice tapi some sooo berlagak, tak padan dgn diri tu baru habis 5 posting. Takpe, kau keluar ke district hospital baru kau tau langit tinggi rendah....
There were two eye cases - one guy had the white bits of his eye so swollen, sampai melimpah2 keluar the eyelid. Scary. Nasib baik the Eye MO so baik one, tak kisah tgk case straightaway.
Then I had a pakcik who had an injury with a cow about two weeks ago. Came in with the left hand all swollen and smelly with this huge wound on the dorsal (that's the otherside to the palm) part. Ick.
Then, an MVA came in. Apparently skidded at one of the dangerous bends at the TM-PM road. I understand he's in pain and upset that some no-gooders decided to take advantage of his condition and run off with the things in his car - including the spare tyre! - and I quote 'menate sungguh manusio nih..'- tapi jangan la marah2 at my MA. Wife is this young thing of 22 (he's 42) - nampak macam takut2 je dgn husband dia.
I siap bawak bantal sendiri this on call. Cannot stand the 'keras macam batu' bantal hospital. Dah la masa dapat tidur sikit, dpt bantal keras, lagi la susah nak tidur. Thankfully, slept peacefully for 5 hours. Syukur. Woke up to review 2 cases at 5 and then bathed and cleaned up the room and did my postnatal clerkings.
It's now quarter to 2 and still no news from Abg. They'd better be BIG, HUGE fishes, okay???

1 comment:

Zetty said...

berapa besar ikan dia bawak balik? hehehe..