Friday, May 11, 2007

A day of silver linings

I may groan and gripe about stuff but despite all that I love my job. and yesterday was proof that silver linings do exist.

I was in the OPD on my own (with one MA - when I was in Permaisuri, I had the luxury of 4 MAs, di manakah keadilan? What a silly distribution of resources!) and also covering the casualty, since Z has taken the day off. Silver lining: unlike the rest of the week, the casualty was eerily quiet and calm. Pelik betul. I had to assess two cases during the lunch hour (itupun after seeing all patients finally at 1.45pm) but they turned out to be fine. Afternoon cases was completed at 5 (itupun with the help of two JMs) and I then went to casualty to clerk in a case of jaundice. Tapi itu je lah.

I have been bursting my head about leaving work the whole week and during morning breakfast with my colleagues, it turns out that she won't be going to the course afterall. Lega. Silver lining number two. But I've decided to come back early from holiday anyway, as a number of MOs will be going for courses on Thursday.

Tapi yg pentingnya, I will be going off on my holiday today! Yeay, Langkawi, here I come!

No comments: