Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Sniff and a sniffle

and I think I might have caught it from lil kitty (whom, I have learnt, is actually a boy kitty!). We've been locking him up in the toilet at nights, wanting to train him to pee and poo in the toilet where it will be easier to wash up. and so far, it has been alright, apart from the one time when we found a nice surprise in the basket that he sometimes sleeps in. Safe to say, kitty is no longer sleeping there!

However, usually about 5-5.30 ish, he will be mewing and scratching at the toilet door so I've been letting him out. Instead of sleeping quietly in the corner, he'll be jumping and pawing at our feet under the blanket and sometimes coming to lick my fingers and sniffing my face. I've been noticing his nose to be runny the past few days but didn't really think much about it.

I had agreed to exchange on calls with another MO, she said she's been feeling the beginnings of a cold and doesn't feel like doing her calls unwell. Little did I know that I'll be running a fever starting that afternoon which developed into a full blown cold by the evening. Of course, by then, it was too late to arrange something else. Nasib baik the on call wasn't too busy. I only had one case of query appendicitis, an MVA with cerebral concussion and a bladder tumour case who came in pale as sheet and an Hb of 3. Hmph, two days he said, that he's only started to feel unwell. I've learnt to double and sometimes triple that to get the exact timing. and then, a referral from a KK with abdominal colic whom I immediately discharged after giving him Nubain.

Afterwards it was rather quiet apart from a fast AF in the ward.

By 8 am, my head was spinning, my throat was sore and my nose blocked. Nasib baik there were enough MOs that day to cover for me so I took medical leave. Only my second time in the 5 years I've been working. How ironic is it that we practically give away MCs to the slightest sniffle yet can be so reluctant to take one for ourselves?

But anyhow, it's no complete RIB (rest in bed) for me as I'll be presenting three cases at a Mortality Conference tomorrow. Takuutttt....

1 comment:

Amy said...

Get well soon, Doc! Take care.