Sunday, March 26, 2006

Sunday Blues

I had a hassleful day today, and it's not because of that that I decided to use a possibly non-existant word in my blog today.

I arrived at the health centre where I go once a week for 'ganti tugas', at about 8.30am. Belum apa-apa, reception called and said, 'Doktor, hari nie takde MA' and I was like wha..? whe..? Terpinga-pinga. Apparently MA Atan (bukan nama sebenar) has gone for a course. MA Ali (also bukan nama sebenar) EL (emergency leave) with no phonecall to inform me beforehand. ANDDDD.....MA Abu ALSO decided to go on holiday emergencily (also non existant word)!!!! Called MA Abu and 10 mins later-

Doctor: Ha, awak kat mana?
MA Abu: Snif snif - kat rumah, boss..
Doctor: Kenapa? (dgn tone yang makin garang)
MA Abu: Tak sihat...snif snif...
Doctor: Habis tu, saya nak buat apa? Sorang MA kursus, sorang EL, awak pun EL? Awak nak saya tutup OPD? Awak nie betul ke tak sihat? Tiap2 Ahad ambik EL? Cuba awak bagi idea sikit kat saya...patient dah ramai dah tunggu tu....
MA Abu: snif snif
Doctor: Kalau tak sihat, dtg klinik, ambik MC. Jangan biar staff lain buat cerita pasal awak buat hal. Saya tak tahu la EL awak sebelum nie pasal apa, tapi nasib awak tak baik la kali nie awak betul-betul tak sihat dan jadi pulak macam nie. Okay??
MA Abu: Ok doktor..snif snif...

Aaarrrgghhh!!!!!!!! I couldn't call my clinic as there are only 2 MAs there and my clinic is busy all day. Quickly I called the other M&HO at the other clinic about 15 mins away and called May Day. He said he has only 2 MAs and can't really spare any but he'll call and arrange something as the only other option I have is seriously close OPD for the day.

MA Kanan pun takde - gone AWOL. Dunno if he applied for leave or what. My mind racing like gasing, antenatal clinic patients building up and OPD patients have been waiting since half seven. It was already nine.

Ok, time to take drastic actions - called Reception: Inform all patients wanting to see MAs that there are no MAs onsite and to please come tomorrow. However, Dr Already-Flustered will be more than happy to see if matters can't wait till then. Inform guy at Reception to do that till I call later about possible replacement MA from Klinik Sri Langkap.
Told my assistant Jururawat Masyarakat (JM) to take already-registered-OPD-patients' cards from the MA's desk; I will see some of the earlier ones. By the time I saw 5 cases, ANC (antenatal clinic) punya patient dah membukit. Thank God replacement MA coming soon.

Coincidentally, ANC patients so ramai today. Stopping for break to drink tea and eat keropok for 5 minutes and finally saw everyone at 3.30pm. Letiiihhhhhh.....

I tell you, KKM doesn't pay me enough to deal with all these lah....

No comments: