Thursday, March 09, 2006

Welcome to my humble abode



It was about 7-8 months ago when I first experienced this 'magnificient' view. I was informed I'd be replacing the current M&HO (Medical and Health Officer) so as I was on my way to report to Jabatan Kesihatan Negeri Terengganu, decided to drop by lah, to see what my accommodation would be like.
If you thought the outside was bad, you don't know the beginning of it! I very nearly collapsed in tears tau! :)

Yes people, this is my home.



It looks like it should be in the Museum of Govt Quarters, kan?
The living room is so big, a small flat by KL standards can fit in it (and still have space to spare). The master bed is a 10m walk from the living area. It has got three bathrooms, which thank god at least works. In order to get decent floor covering, I had to purchase TWO huge rolls of tikar getah!

Spending the night alone can be a nightmare - I can't sleep with the light on, yet I keep imagining noises from the empty spare rooms. Belum lagi citer about the jungle right behind my house. One day, I even saw a party of ungkas happily swinging from the branches of the trees.

There are AT LEAST 4 different species of ants; I have a 100% success rate in catching rats everytime i lay out a trap. During the rainy season, colonies of fungus would sprout on the surfaces of my wooden furniture, clothes and shoes.

On the other hand, at nights it gets so cool that I never need air conditioning, and the quietness can be calming sometimes.

I suppose things could be worse, yeah? :)

No comments: