Saturday, March 04, 2006

Time really does fly..

nope, i think I really meant 'whiz by' - one minute it's Sunday, the start of the week, and the next minute, it's Thursday and I'm driving back with hubby to his family home for the weekend....

Repeatedly i find myself out of time to do things i had earlier planned..or is that just poor planning..? anyway, the week starts all over again tomorrow. It'll be my third visit to KK Rahmat since the original MO transferred to Putra Jaya. If there's still no replacement by middle of this month, I'll be able to claim 'elaun tanggung beban' - which is "free money" considering I'm getting it for going there once a week only...

anyway, today I chanced upon a blog entry that transported me at least 10 years ago - actually 12 years ago lah (has it been THAT long?). Fresh out of MRSM, I remember how painfully naive I was and how excited that I've finally got the opportunity to finally see what the Big Ben and London Bridge is like, to live among mat sallehs and to feel snowflakes upon my face. Honestly, when i got to London, I was a first class jakun. For the first two days I dare not venture two feet away from Malaysia Hall - but of course, the moment I got the hang of the Underground....:)

People ask me why I came back to Malaysia. They ask me why I decided to come back and work my a** off as a houseman in M'sia for a measly salary when I could work my a** off as a houseman in UK and get 6 times as much?

To me, the money does not matter. I have sacrificed 7 years of my life being away from my family. I missed seeing my baby brother growing up, I missed my chats with my mum - I missed my family and no amount of money could persuade me to spend another year away. Yes, life as a houseman was hell...but I survived and I believe that 'whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger', betul? and I've not regretted one moment making that decision...

No comments: