Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Gone in three days

I went home post call on the second day of Raya greeted by a very sick Che'We. Che'We had been looking under the weather for the past fortnight already and nothing I do seems to be working. I am afterall, limited by the vet services in Kelantan. I hear vets in KL even take bloods for workup.

and on top of that, the black baby also looked a bit 'moyok'.

Che'We was abandoned at our house by Abg's kind cousin. I don't know, maybe she thought I had opened a cat shelter or something.


Che'We during healthier times.

Nevertheless, we took him in. He and Che'Mot became friends as they were the two youngest at that time. I had taken Che'Mot from the hospital's labour room a week or two prior to that.


Che'We and Che'Mot.

Che'Mot had always been the sickly type. Despite giving him the best food and supplements, he never looked well. His belly was always distended and once he got so sick we thought, sure die one lah - but he pulled through and even looked like he was going to live a long prosperous life.

But Che'Mot and Che'We never fully recovered from the flu that all my cats had after I brought Ruru home. They were constantly sniffling and sneezing green snot on the floor and in the cages.


Stokin.

About a week before their deaths, Stokin also became unwell. It didn't help that they were all unvaccinated at that time.


I took black kitty with his sibling and mummy cat from the hospital.

Anyway, Che'We went first. Abg actually thought he was sleeping by the dustbin.

The next morning I found the black kitty all cold on the floor of the cage. I called up the vet assistant and asked her if I could leave Che'Mot and Stokin at her place as I was leaving for KL. I knew Stokin will not last the day if left at home and I didn't want to give up just yet.

However, the next day I got a call saying Stokin had passed away during the night and when I arrived on Monday, she then told me that Che'Mot didn't survive also.

So, that's it - 4 kittens gone in a space of three days.

2 comments:

Roti Kacang Merah said...

arrrrkkkkk how can you stand so strong lah kak weyyyyy

i baca pun rasa macam nak nangis!!! *sniff*

stokin is SO adorable!!!

i bet kat belakang rumah you penuh dengan cats' graves ey...

Roti Kacang Merah said...

eh eh by the way, DO update us on the Mummy Cat with the four babies, tu... nak tengok rupa!!! lagi best if you dapat download some vids kat youtube, ke.... eiii tak sabar!